The past thirty to forty days was a productive and busy period. So much so, that I a recap is in order. I’d like to focus on the top ones. I set it up so that you can click on the link and a new tab will open in your browser while not closing this one. That way you can jump back and forth with ease.
- Koons Automotive Donates Van. The wonderful people at Koons pulled together as a company to donate an adapted van to our family. We placed its ownership in the Ryan Diviney Special Needs Trust Fund. Watch the video of them presenting it to us here.
- Appreciation Day Set. I thought it would be worthwhile to set aside a fun and relaxing day where people could come together to recognize each other for all that was done for Ryan. This is not a fundraising event. The tentative date (contingent on finding a site) is Saturday, June 22, 2013. Read about it here.
- Duke University Conference. I spent three days at Duke Universities “Finding Consciousness” conference. While there I validated what I observed with Ryan. Read about it here.
- IBRF: Ryan Responds. During a regularly scheduled IBRF assessment visit, the neurologist tells me he is convinced Ryan is responding to commands. Read about it here.
- Video: Ryan Responds. As I’m working with Ryan, I (almost) convince myself that he is following my command to close his mouth. I grab my smartphone a begin shooting video. Watch it here.
- Shingles. At the same time as Ryan develops an eye infection, we notice shingles on his right side of the rib cage. We immediately place him on medications. Both begin to clear up within a week.
- Unstoppable Mom. A long time reader and supporter begins a campaign for Sue to be nominated — and hopefully win — a contest called “Unstoppable Mom” with a $100,000 prize. The contest is being held by the Kelly and Michael morning show. From what I can see, over 300 people have nominated Sue just from clicking over from our website. Who knows how many linked from Facebook… probably twice as many? It’s a breeze to nominate her. Also, if you already did then how about asking your spouse, partner, parents, children, friends, etc. to do the same. Or ask them if you can nominate on their behalf. Read about it (and nominate her) here.
Another related bullet point, I am making progress in finding office space in that I’m understanding the market better. Still, it is painfully slow. Because of the relatively small space I need the issue is I’m not getting much attention. I understand this, but will need to take another approach if I want to pull this off before spring.
Finally, upcoming (possibly next week) I have some stuff to share with you on Jonathan May as it relates to the criminal restitution. Remember, he is the attacker, according to witness (and his own) criminal trial testimony,who sucker-punched Ryan. Ahhhh, May and Austin Vantrease just continue to disgust me.