I guess it’s becoming a weekend tradition where I put out a summary of what’s going on. People tell me they like this and it certainly works for me.
- Baclofen. Ryan tolerated the last reduction earlier this week well. I’m breathing a hell of a lot easier now that he is beyond the seventy-two hour window. The next reduction is March 15 and it will be reduced to 60 mcg.
- Adult Protective Service. In early February some imbecile sent an anonymous letter through the U.S. mail. No surprise, the case is deemed “unfounded”. It’s frustrating that government resources we deployed on a wild goose chase. Still, I did appreciate the kudos from their office. I won’t go into it all again, but if you’re interested in reading up on it you can click on my February 9, 2012 post Faceless Bastard: Ignoramus or Trouble-Maker. By the way, I never received an apology from the author so I can confidently call them a trouble-maker. Ignoramus not withstanding.
- Kari. She’s home until Sunday afternoon! Sue has her for the day as they are getting their hair cut, colored, and styled. Here’s my amazement, why does it take so long to get this done? Complain all you want about men spending the day fishing or golfing because this is the womanly version of it. Am I right? Anyhow, if I’m up to it, her and I just might hit the town tonight.
- Greenfield IVC Filter. I wrote about this earlier in the week (When Does it Ever End?), and Sue is working on this diligently. It’s frustrating that, although the medical community brought it to our attention, they don’t share the same urgency in resolving it.
- MotoMed. Ryan needs this piece of therapy equipment. Everyone in the medical and therapeutic communities agree. A friend did all the leg work and the product will be demonstrated and sized in two Sundays from tomorrow right here in our home. Unfortunately, it will cost much more than I thought but the original $9,200 goal will not change. I simply don’t feel right about asking for more and I’ll redirect money from future fundraisers towards it. If you want to read about it or give, the information is listed on the Events page. Please take a moment to look over all the other things going on.
- Hoyer Lift. On Thursday morning the lift stopped working while Ryan was in it (high in the air). The problem was diagnosed and the parts (power supply and battery) arrived yesterday.