I’m a little pressed for time this morning, so I’ll use a list-format to provide an update on a wide range of things going on.
So, without further delay, here you go:
- Butt Rash. The “rash” has worsened a bit over the past week. The purple hue is definitely more pronounced (but not nearly as bad as in the past). The good news is that it isn’t active on the surface.
- Baclofen. Ryan’s daily dosage will be reduced again this week. On Tuesday, he will be taken to 200 microgram (mcg) from 225 mcg. If all goes well, he’ll get another reduction in by the end of the year (likely taking him to around 180 mcg). I might be seeing signs that Ryan is perking up, but can’t make a clear call until the discomfort from his blisters is resolved.
- Toe Blisters. Two remain active and fluid filled. I continue with topical treatments.
- HBOT. Ryan is halfway through his 30 day cycle, with his last session on December 5th.
- Civil Suit. Things are lining up nicely against all those thugs. No court date is set and it remains in the “discovery” phase.
- Kari. We’re loving it! She’s home for her Thanksgiving break all week. After break, she goes back to school for three weeks then is home for over a month!
- Patio/Walkway. We are meeting with the contractor today at 9:15 am. Work might begin as soon as this week. As a side note to this, I was appalled to catch the Homeowners’ Association snapping pictures of my yard last week. I swear, they just don’t get it. It was just by luck that I caught them. You see, I rarely leave the basement. Only when necessary, which is usually twice a week for a minute. I had to run upstairs to the kitchen to get some clean utensils (to make Ryan’s food) and noticed a women creeping around our house with a camera. I just figured it was the contractor gathering information for the project. About five minutes later, my doorbell rings and it is a women named Marsha from the HOA. Her sole purpose was to tell me that I need approval to do any changes. Not rude, mind you, but definitely on a power trip. I brushed her off as quickly as I could. Clearly, she was doing what was necessary to build a future case against me. Here’s my question: why is she so difficult as to be creeping around my house? Does the HOA really want to flirt with a P.R. nightmare? I’ll have zero hesitation dropping the hammer on them. I guess there’s nothing I can do to make people do the right thing and be helpful, but do they need to be limp dicks about it?
- Kitchenette. Through the help of a women who just seems to get things done, Blue Moon Construction agreed to do this for us. At no cost! John Ronay (owner) stopped in last week to look at the area and said he will likely have this done by Christmas.
- Chick Magnet. I’ll need to make some time this week to get the van in for state and emission inspections. I have no choice… come December 1st we’re no longer legal. I let this linger for much too long and now my back’s against the wall. Ugh, stress!
Ann H Tearle says
SH, SP, NGA thoughts and love to Ryan, Ken, Sue & Kari. Annie
So glad to hear that John Ronay of Blue Moon Construction is doing the kitchenette. He did a couple jobs for us (a kitchenette in our basement and our deck; our next door neighbors were so impressed they had him do their deck, too) and the work is fantastic and he has the best crews! So grateful for whoever got this going for you, I know it will be such a help!!
And Alex Woods was stopped by the police as he was running down the street. The police suspected he might have been involved in the crime and questioned Alex about it…and guess what?…..he LIED to the police. All of that came out at the trial. No Alex did not run when Jon May and Austin Vantrese attacked Ryan and Brian. It’s all on video … and guess what?… He LIED again. So let your friend know that Alex Woods knows how to do one thing very, very well…..LIE! It sounds like he is still LYING and I suppose that’s what he does and maybe what he will always do. Your friend might not know Austin Vantrease, but it also sounds like your friend doesn’t know his cousin, or should I say Alex Woods’ character, very well at all either!
So I found out last night that I’m separated by three degrees from Austin Vantrease- I have a friend who’s a cousin of Alex Woods. (My friend does not know Austin Vantrease.) According to him, Alex told him that he pretty much ran the other way when Austin and Jonathan attacked Ryan, and that he wasn’t involved. The Vantreases are apparently mad at Alex’s entire famiy because Alex testified against Austin at the trial.
My friend really didn’t know that the attrack happened two years ago, because there wasn’t much about the attack that was published in Delaware.
Hmmm. They gave you bad information. No one from that group testified against Vantrease. No one ran until the damage was done.
I think it was just that Alex admitted seeing Ryan getting kicked in the head that the Vantreases took as him testifying against Austin.
I had a long conversation with my friend about the case. My friend didn’t know if his cousin was getting included in the lawsuit, and I told him I didn’t know, either.
He’s a friend from college, and we both went to University of Delaware. My friend mentioned the case to me because I had posted a link about the case on my facebook wall. It was an interesting talk, for sure. He’s not taking his cousin’s word for gold, and he was pretty outraged by what Austin and Jon had done.
Everyone testified that Vantrease kicked Ryan… even Vantrease himself! I think the family will try anything to minimize Austin’s culpability. Austin’s actions doesn’t make anyone’s else less accountable.
We also live in a HOA community. Everyone knows the rules before you purchase your home and you must agree to it. I know you are having problems but it would be no different if some other neighbor had issues. Also, the HOA is not there to physically assist you with any work as some posters have suggested. Actually, in my community they are physically an hour away. Our community HOA also comes on our property once a year and whenever changes are requested as they need to inspect the changes or proposed changes. The HOA’s are a business and must treat everyone according to the bylaws.
Carla Liberty says
They don’t need to trespass to do their work. It would be nice if they knocked on the door first before walking all over someone’s yard looking for violations. I realize HOA’s have rules, and I get that. But apparently Ken knows many of the members of the HOA and they undoubtedly know what is going on with Ryan, so why WOULDN’T they ask if he needs help? Isn’t that what the essence of the golden rule? To treat others the way we would like to be treated??? What I don’t get is the sudden interest in the Diviney’s yard. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Methinks there’s a rat somewhere who has nothing better to do with his/her time than to cause trouble. You know, the kind who is so miserable with him/herself that they want to bring someone else down to make themselves feel better. How sad.
Rules are changable and regulations adjustable, (unless we’re talking about prison, and even those are sometimes)! Certainly this could/should happen to accommodate Ryan’s needs. Communities commune! The Diviney’s community should be communing with them in every way possible! I don’t see that they are.
Kyne’s reply is exactly why I did not want to live in a community with an HOA….and you know what, we don’t have any problems with neighbors not taking care of their property.
It’s the big fish in the small pond mentality that gets me…
There are RULES and then there is LIFE, and you hope somewhere in there is a happy medium.
We’ve been out of town and just getting home. Everything that needs to be said has already been said. Just know that Ryan is in my prayers–all of you are. I know your week will be wonderfully shared with your family. Love
The Colangelis says
Do not fret too much about the HOA. Remind them of Ryan’s situation and explain that you beleive the “public” would be appauled to learn about this treatment. If they know anything about you, they will realize you are a driven indivdual. I would think they may become more understanding.
Carla Liberty says
I agree with you, Scott. I was thinking this as I was reading Ken’s message. The HOA is trespassing on YOUR property while getting off on a power trip. I think I made mention of this in another blog post before….these people are the lawn police! That said, I do understand the whole HOA premise, trying to make sure people don’t have grass that’s 8 feet tall and rodent problems, etc, but this truly crosses the line. Do they honestly think that the folks who are doing your patio and other work aren’t going to get the necessary permits???
To whomever feels the need for this power trip, I can only say, “Really?” Do you not have any compassion for your fellow neighbor? How about rolling up your shirtsleeves and offering to help a neighbor in need? Or is that beneath you????
SHSP, NGA, sending love/hugs ~~
I would question the HOA about trespassing on YOUR property without permission! When filing the papers with them, I would make it clear, and in writing! that they are to notify you of their “inspection” time so that you may accompany them in YOUR yard!
Great that Kari gets to spend some time at home! Maybe you’ll see more signs of Ryan perking up when she’s around.
I also think a dermatologist should take a look at his rash.
Did you have to sign any type of legal document for the HOA. Those people can be pricks.
My prayers continue for Ryan’s healing.
We need to sign MANY documents (4 at last count).
Gail Doyle says
Ken, Sure hope rash and blisters clear. What’s with the HOA people ,there are always special circumstances and why make such a big deal having something put in that will help so much. Wonderful news about kitchen and Kari being home .The reduction in Baclofen is amazing and does it seem to be working in little ways ? Hopefully Ryan is more comfortable real soon. And another trial ?,,,( I know what should be done with those two)…Get the “chick” magnet up to date , so Ryan can go cruisin’. Always here and thinking of you all. love Gail
Thank you so much for the updates. I hope a dermatologist can look at Ryan’s rash just in case there’s something else that can be done to treat it.
Yes, it’s time to celebrate, Kari is home, woohoooo!!! As they say, “it’s the most wonderful time of the year!”
The news about the kitchenette is fantastic. This will help you tremendously with being able to prepare Ryan’s food, etc. To the angels who are making this happen, thank you very much!!!
I’m trying not to let my bp go up about the Ashburn Village HOA — too late. Tis a sad thing indeed that there are some who simply do not have the capacity to fully fathom the suffering of another. If this turns out to be the case, there will be *many* who have something to say about it. Team Diviney will rally for their boy!! There is no room for power mongering and dictatorship in this situation. We need compassion, caring, kindness and understanding.
Good luck today with the patio, remember the old saying, Ken = bigger is better : )
Hope you and your family have a wonderful weekend!
Love, hugs, prayers