If you read the comments from my earlier post, Bitches Be Crazy, you quickly see the ignorance I’m doing my best to enlighten. From her Facebook account, Marcie Parsons, did a fine job of demonstrating exactly what I’m up against. She was unnecessarily cruel, apparently uneducated, and flat-out wrong.
She did get one thing right though. Facebook is not “Begger’s Corner” as she called it. This I know. Believe me, I can get to this location with my eyes closed. It’s at the crossroads of Need and Despair. If you’re in the neighborhood be sure to visit our kiosk (a.k.a., Ryan’s Wish List)!
Before getting to her comments, I want to once again remind those meaning to incite that the keyboard is not something that can be hid behind. I wrote about this false feeling of obscurity in my post, The Internet Knows Who You Are!, and it’s an article that everyone should read. I did block her from Ryan’s Facebook page, but not this website. Now on to her comments (in all their spelling, grammatical, and punctuation glory), that I’d like to spend some time setting straight:
“Enough already…..let him go!!! His quality of life isnt that of something we want reminded of all the time…its sad but hes never gonna get better…for crying outloud he dosent have eyes….just let god have him…stop begging for unecessary high tech gadgets….go away and look at the big pictureeeeeee……”
- Let him go? Let him go where, exactly? I surely hope she isn’t suggesting I kill him. You see, Ryan is not being kept alive by life support or anything else for that matter. There is no way to “pull the plug” because there simply isn’t one to pull.
- If Marcie, or anyone else, doesn’t want reminded of this then the obvious solution is to stay away. In fact, for those who don’t want so, it would be very much appreciated.
- Ryan has eyes. Where in the hell did that statement come from? The eyelids were sewn (roughly 75%) shut to protect them from extreme dryness. Removing the sutures will make his eyes magically reappear. Presto!
- If there is a God, I highly doubt that there is anything I can do to prevent Him from taking Ryan.
“When your considerd a vegetable….what more do u need medical professionals to say….theyre choice…just as i have a choice….so go ahead…call me whatcha want…i will be all that n then some…i owne it baby!!@ my opinion….it counts”
- Ryan is “vegetative” which is a level of consciousness, not a “vegetable” which is of the plant kingdom. Sheesh! Although, most (probably all) now classify him as “minimally conscious”.
- Since Marcie invited us to call her what we want, I’ll take her up on it. Now, I’ll be fair here and only state the obvious about her… Marcie, you’re less than a half-wit (when it comes to Ryan).
“upon reading his rally i realized that life should be as we know functional beings should live…not in pain and suffering…”
- Ryan is not living with pain and suffering. On the contrary. He lives in the lap of comfort.
- So, if I’m convinced Marcie is not a “functional being” then what?
Marcie Parsons made several other comments, but they were mostly about how “her opinion counts” and blah, blah, blah. She was just making noise. I decided to use Marcie’s comments as an opportunity. Hell, I out-and-out exploited them. This conflict is a backdoor to keeping Ryan relevant because it engages and brings people to the website. I milk it for all it’s worth. Mostly though, these gave good reason to write about the misinformation and downright ignorance. I did it last June too (after some hateful comments) when I actually wrote about this in my post, Pull the Plug. Marcie’s comments fit this post’s message to a tee!
What’s most significant, at least to me, is how Team Diviney responded. It showed that those who take the time to listen to me understand what is going on here. That “opinions” are not based on sensationalized news and preconceived notions. And then, yes, it warmed my heart to see so many speak against this ignorance (and cruelty) with such passion.
I just sat back and smiled (rather smugly, I might add).
Update: 9:45am… MARISSA LOCKHART is MARCIE PARSONS in the comments section below. Apparently she didn’t take my advice to read The Internet Knows Who You Are! I’m really not joking about this, no one is anonymous.
Update: 10:30am… JULIA PUTA is MARCIE PARSONS is MARISSA LOCKHART. Persistent little bugger, she is.