I’m just about ready to kickoff my “guy’s weekend” with Ryan. Sue’s traveling to Morgantown to visit with Kari today and tomorrow, taking advantage of the holiday weekend. One thing’s for sure, ESPN and NFL football will rule the house! Other than those, we’ll just wing it. Sadly, I will need to work in some chores but it might just be enjoyable in my boxers.
Okay, enough about me and my nasty ways. Here’s an update:
- UTI Possible. It is certain that Ryan is trying to fight off another urinary tract infection. Please, not again! The past three mornings his urine test showed a trace presence of leukocytes (white blood cells). Yesterday it also picked up trace level of nitrates. I botched this mornings test and must wait until he goes again. I also have a sample ready to go out for culture. Seriously, I don’t know what I’m missing to stop these UTI from happening again-and-again.
- Van. After six weeks… it’s home! The repair was just a bit higher than the estimate (like $30 or so). Thank you for helping us pay for the repair. I took it out for a spin yesterday morning to test it out and actually make a pick-up from Home Depot. I love that van. Everyone in Ashburn might be driving their new, shiny cars, but I one of the few riding in style.
- Baclofen. Ryan is now three days out from the reduction (to 135 mcg) and he is not showing any obvious negative effects. On the other side, he also is not showing any increased alertness. I’ll be requesting another reduction — to 115 mcg — on January 26th.
- Dr. Rodriguez Visit. “D-Rod”, as I call him, is coming over to the house today to give Ryan a comprehensive clinical examination. He’ll also collect blood and urine to run every imaginable test. The results should start coming in around mid-week.
- Patio. It is amazing! The crew was here earlier in the week to grade the land. The only thing left for them is to bring the Jacuzzi back up (I’ll wait until this happens to post pictures). A friend found a terrific deal (from a person who was unloading all their household possessions) on a classy set of patio furniture. Yesterday (from my Home Depot pick-up) I put together a grill and heat lamp. From our end, the only thing remaining is landscaping when the weather breaks in a few months.
- Civil Suit. This past Friday the attorneys had a status conference with the Judge. I’m it is just to complete the discovery schedule. The case can move along now that Vantrease has an attorney in Federal court (probably paid for by his parent’s homeowners insurance, is my guess). Some of the thug’s attorney’s inquired about mediating (settling) the case. Let me just say, there are more than a couple that I will NEVER settle with! Simply stated, my belief is Ryan deserves a lien on their lives. I will see to it that this happens. I have all the time in the world.