Today will be more hectic than usual. I’m already running way behind. Please excuse my short post today because of this. Still, I wanted to spend the time to keep you caught up. In numbered form:
- Kari. Her throat continues to hurt badly, but no longer from the strep. She clearly has a viral infection with full-blown flu-like symptoms (body aches, chills, fever, etc). She spent yesterday in our bed two floors up. Sue and I took turns tending to each child throughout the day. I spent another night beside Kari while Sue remained down with Ryan.
- Baclofen. Ryan will get 20mcg (or 11.4%) decrease on Wednesday (Dec. 28th), taking him to 155mcg. In the year 2011, he will be 270mcg lower than when it started. This is a 63.5% decrease!
- Van (Chick Magnet). Can you believe it… it’s still in the shop! As I recall, the van went in before Thanksgiving. The last I heard, the mechanic was waiting on a part being rebuilt in Florida.
- Concrete Project. I know this is sounding like I’m in an echo chamber, but work should begin this week (weather permitting, that is). We’re really looking forward to this.
- Kitchenette. This is wonderful! Thank you Blue Moon Construction.
Regarding the flu being in our home, Ryan does have protection against it. He was given a flu shot in October and this does give us a little peace of mind. We are taking no chances anyhow. We use the main level of our home as, essentially, a decontamination chamber as we move between the kids.