I’m feeling a bit glum lately. Now I know why. It just feels like so many things are falling apart.
True to form, this happens all at once. I actually didn’t realize this until I started putting a list together to update you.
I guess I’ll start with the (potentially) bad ones first, then finish with some good news…
- Amazon Store. What started out as gang-busters has fizzled out. Even on Cyber Monday (and some begging on my part) only a few items were ordered. I removed this from the website today.
- Chick Magnet. This was taken in for inspections the week before Thanksgiving. It failed… miserably. It’s still in the garage and I’ll need to make a decision on whether to pay for costly repairs (mainly the manifold) or put it out to pasture.
- Patio/Walkway. The last I heard, this was going to start ramping up this week. Dr. Wiger is running the lead with getting this through the HOA. Unfortunately, we got some significant push-back from an unexpected source (not the HOA, although this might still happen). People can be so callous.
- Toe Blisters. After two weeks, Ryan no longer has any active blisters and they are scabbed over. One is concerning to me, as it has some redness around the wound (but slowly diminishing). I continue with topical care, but it is still interfering with therapy.
- Kitchenette. I’m not sure where this stands. I haven’t heard back from the contractor since he visited the week before last. He originally told me he’d get this in before Christmas, but now I’m starting to wonder if it will get in at all.
- Myself. My wrists are KILLING me and my back is aching without relief. I know this is caused by stepping-up Ryan’s therapy (to compensate for those stopped to allow for the blisters to heal) and doing much more on my own last week.
- Other. Yes, there are more issues. I don’t want to get into them too much (at least not now). Still one is something Sue asked me last week. It is weighing heavily. She asked, “Do you think people are upset with us?” She gave me some very convincing examples of why this might be the case. I mentally added in a few more of my own. My response was a generic brush-off and I hoped she bought it. Anyhow, it’s on my mind… in a big way. Please know I am now working hard to lessen the burden on others. Really, if angst exists then it’s entirely my doing. For good or bad, I now recognize — yes, it was an revelation — I am the public face of this tragedy. Hence, I am responsible for how people feel about us. Failing at this would be failing Ryan. I’m not sure I could cope with that. As it turns out, I’m having a rough time just thinking it might be the case.
And here a some positive things in the works:
- Baclofen. Ryan did well with the last reduction, now over a week since. I have another one in the works for December 12th. I’m requesting to take him to 175 mcg (from 199.7 mcg).
- Butt Rash. This has greatly improved! Not gone, mind you, but better.
- IBRF. The doctor team will be visiting us on Sunday, December 4th. Yes… I said “Sunday”. They will run there standard battery of tests (to include an qEEG). Results normally take a month or so to get back.
There you have it. Another day to plow through. Issues to lean in to.