Over the Memorial Day weekend this website hit another milestone, in being viewed over 500,000 times! By all indications, this is beyond remarkable for a personal blog. Let alone, this happening in just six short months. The wonderful thing is there is no sign that viewership is declining. To the contrary, it continues to grow. How can I ever thank you enough for keeping Ryan relevant?
- All 50 states in the U.S.A. have strong readership.
- The top 5 states are: Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, New York, & Delaware.
- Over 50 countries are represented by readers.
- The top 5 countries are: United States, Germany, Canada, Ireland, & United Kingdom.
- Only 0.6% of the time is a comment posted per view.
- Each post averages 13.3 comments.
- Visitors average around 3 minutes per visit on the site.
- Visitors view an average of 2.93 pages per visit.
I’m not sure what this all means. I just found it interesting.
My Writing Style
I must tell you, I am floored by how many positive comments I receive about my
lack of writing style. All accept me for what I am, whatever that is. Many describe me and my writing as “real and raw”, and this just might be the best definition. I feels right to me, anyhow. It’s certainly all too real…
You see, writing this blog helps me cope in ways I never imagined. It is my window into the real world, where I use to exist (and now and then step outside to smell and feel the seasons moving on). Granted, it is often painful to look out and see what Ryan and I are missing, but it reminds me that the world is not my existence alone. Happiness exists out there, in spite of everything within the prison of my home (and my mind).
Gone are carefree days,
many nearly all hopes and dreams, and being able to reminisce about the past without heartache. Yes, my life has purpose. More purpose than ever, in fact. Still, living with purpose does not negate living with despair. For me, “purpose” is a pebble in my shoe that nags me with each step that I cannot stop this journey.
Purpose is a painful reminder.
Note: I’m not sure how this post turned from boosting to a major downer, but it did. Eh, just my “real and raw” essence, I suppose.