Sue just hung up the phone with the International Brain Research Foundation (IBRF) moments ago. Ryan is accepted into their program! You can visit their website by clicking here.
They are ready to move forward with Ryan’s treatment.
Here is a quick rundown of what they told Sue:
- Ryan showed improvement since his last qEEG. They didn’t indicate how much.
- They feel Ryan has enough brain structure to work with.
- They will coordinated getting Ryan in for a 3T-MRI so the 3-D electronic brain model can be built. This is important because it will show, in great detail (1 millimeter slices) the pathways in Ryan’s brain. They can then simulate impulse therapy to determine where to place electrodes on his head.
- We will hold weekly video-conference calls.
- Ryan will be placed on intense pharmaceuticals and nutriceuticals. Sadly, these are costly and not covered by insurance (estimates $20,000 per year).
- The doctor team will visit Ryan, in our home, monthly.
- They have allowed us to spread the balance for their services out. So far, $25,000 has been paid and another $25,000 will go out today. That, for all intents, taps us out. I’ll need to get creative and also heavily rely on others to pull us through this.
This, my friends, is a great day!