Again, I apologize for not being as regular in my writing. I’m really struggling emotionally… have been for a while, actually. There’s just something about the yearly anniversary of Ryan’s attack that touches me at the deepest level. It hurts… badly. Each year it feels like it digs in a little more.
Still, I owe it to you to keep you current. So, here’s a list of what’s going on:
- Suture Removal. Three weeks ago, to the day, Ryan underwent surgery to place a prosthetic skull plate. The scalp incision that was made to create a flap was closed with 29 stitches. These are coming out tomorrow!
- Hot Tub. It took nearly 14 months, but there should be nothing preventing Ryan from finally using the hot tub. The plan is to give Ryan a good week or so after his stitches are removed — just to make sure his scalp’s integrity — before putting him in. I’m thinking Saturday, November 8th will work best. I, again, want to sincerely thank everyone who helped make this happen by providing the resources to buy the hoyer lift.
- Two Years Since UTI. If Ryan can make it another 10 days then it’ll be two years since Ryan had a urinary tract infection (UTI). He did acquire one last spring, but that was caused by kidney stones that blocked his ability to urinate. It wasn’t spontaneous, like the infections he use to have on a recurring basis. On a related note, if Ryan can make it through December then he will have gone four years without a respiratory infection.
- Choose Progress Website. The domain chooseprogress.net, that was once owned by the Vantrease contingent, is now ours. In July, my attorney sent them a strongly worded letter telling them to stop their nonsense (i.e., “Vantrease Propaganda Blitzkrieg”). Soon afterwards they quietly shutdown the website and relinquished the URL. It didn’t go unnoticed by me, as I’m confident they had wished otherwise, when they learned who took over its ownership. Sheesh, some people are such dumb-asses. You can read this attorney letter and the back story in my earlier post Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire!
- Five Years. November 7th is just around the corner… a mere eight days away. When it arrives it will mark the fifth anniversary since Austin Vantrease and Jonathan May (both from Newark, Delaware) brutally beat Ryan into oblivion and let him for dead. That day, in the year 2009, changed so much in my life… and everything in Ryan’s.