The past two nights and all day yesterday were not comfortable ones for Ryan. Something’s bothering him. His heart rate is about twenty beats per minute higher than his baseline and his respiration is up just a tad. Fortunately, there is no accompanying fever or blood pressure concerns.
Yes, it could be anything, but my feeling is it’s the antibiotic’s side effects. He is on a strong one, for sure (Cipro). Then again, perhaps the urinary tract infection is not getting better? Maybe it’s both? I did a urinalysis yesterday morning (and will again today when he comes out of the HBOT) and it was negative for leukocytes and nitrites (meaning the UTI is, at least, suppressed).
If only he could tell me what is bothering him…
I’m anxious to figure this out since a baclofen decrease is looming in just three days, which coincides with when he completes the antibiotic. Ryan did so well with the last baclofen reduction too. That is, until that UTI developed. Fortunately, a ton of blood work and two urine samples went out on Friday that might show (or eliminate) the source of his discomfort. Meanwhile, we’ll both need to make it through this rough patch. There’s no choice. Like always, it’s a matter of waiting it out.The game plan today is to attempt for Ryan to do all his therapies. If necessary, I can cut the intensity or duration, but that’s certainly not my thinking going into it. Like always, I will push him to the brink of his comfort level.