Live! Page Coming Soon: I’m putting together a way to periodically stream live video to you (I have the page password protected until it’s working well enough to give it a try). This way, you’ll have a front row seat for parts of Ryan’s life. I’ll also include an area for live chat (I think) and see if it’s used; especially during live video streams.
I’m thinking my first live session — more as a test than event — might be during one of his stretching sessions. I’m targeting Monday (usually around 10:30 am) for this. Who knows, maybe I’ll just leave it on overnight once in a while and you can check in on him as he sleeps?
I’m trying to figure out a way to put an alert on the website that shows a live session is currently broadcasting, but for now you’ll just need to check in periodically. I also need to see if I can run this live stream to mobile devices (like smartphones and iPads/Tablets). I hope I can figure this out enough to, perhaps, shot live events when he goes out for appointments. I might be aiming too high on that one…
My greatest fear is that I’ll forget I’m broadcasting. That could certainly be embarrassing!
Now, some other items to keep you updated on:
- Patio/Walkway. We’re having our (hopefully) last design meeting today. Then the ever-dreaded HOA application will be submitted early next week.
- Baclofen. Ryan continues tolerating the last reduction. The medical script for another reduction is written and the home appointment is scheduled for December 12th. He will go down to ~175 mcg daily.
- Butt Rash. Slightly reddish, but maintaining a healthy condition.
- Van/Chick Magnet. $1,255 of the estimated $1,600 repair cost donated! No update on when it will be done. My deepest gratitude to those who helped to keep her rolling!
- IBRF. Visiting tomorrow morning (yes, on a Sunday!). They are expecting to arrive around 7:30 am.
- Toe Blisters. Topical care continues. The one area that had me concerned is doing well now.
- Kitchenette. The contractor is ready to go once he gets the cabinets. He’s doing granite counter tops and hardwood cabinets!
- Winter Break. Depending on Kari’s final exam schedule, she will be home for break in no more than 13 days! I can’t wait.
- G-Tube Button. This is working out wonderfully. Having the ability to remove the tube has made potential injury from therapy practically non-existent. You can watch the video of me doing the actual replacement procedure on the Video page.
Note: My apologies for not posting yesterday. I had a head-splitting ocular migraine, making me use all my energy to plow through the day. It was actually making me sick to my stomach. It was also affecting my vision.
Funny story (now) with the vision, I accidentally took some old anxiety pills, thinking they were prescription ibuprofen. Sue made a point to laugh at me as she pointed out my mistake around 10 pm. In my defense, the bottles looked nearly identical. Yes, I realized now it wasn’t my prescription either.
Seriously, I’m lucky I didn’t end up in the hospital. Over the course of 16 hours, I took four times the prescribed dosage! I guess this explains why the headache persisted and I felt so damn dizzy and tired. Heck, this was probably what was causing my nausea.[poll id=”63″]
- Right Now: The Good and Bad (ryansrally.org)
- Update: Baclofen, YGR!, UTI, Rash, Store, Sleep Study (ryansrally.org)
- General Updates (ryansrally.org)