Today, a new milestone will be achieved. Readership will surpass 800,000 views. Incredible! Fuddruckin’ amazing!
Thank you! This means so much to us knowing that you check in on Ryan. After two years, he remains relevant. Perhaps even more encouraging is there is no indication people are losing interest. You’ve made our struggle part of your life. You provide comfort, resources, and advice. I wish I could tell you just how much this has helped us. Words simply fall short.
For me it is a way of coping. A way of making sense of the senseless. Sure, I ramble on about things — hoping to make at least a little sense — and you (mostly) seem to enjoy it. I write from the heart. This is all I can really say about my so-called style. I’ve thrown everything I’ve learned about proper writing aside and just let the words flow. I rarely make edits to what comes out (besides running spell check, that is). You tell me I’m “real and raw” and, truth be told, I love this characterization (unless you’re referring to my groin). You appreciate this most basic of expression. Well, at least, you humor this. You’ve gotten me through some rough days.
I’ve opened myself up to you almost completely. You see my faults first-hand. Oh, and there are many. I’m a mess. But, I do have a few endearing attributes too. Right? Right? Right? Okay, maybe not. I take huge risks with what I write — caution be damned — and you give me a free pass when I
occasionally frequently step over the line.
I’m really not joking when I collectively refer to you as big, smarty pants. This is an intelligent group of people that visit this site. This includes “emotional intelligence” as well. I love reading your comments. If possible, I usually do the second you post them. I have my computer set with an audio alert so I know when one just came in. You see, this is my way of staying in touch with a world that no longer is available to me. Without you, I would miss something so regular and consistent as the changing of seasons.
- 5,340 comments have been posted, which is roughly 16 per day. This means only 0.7% leave a comment.
- 373 times people wrote to me privately using “Contact Me Form”.
- 254 people receive new post update notifications on Twitter.
- Over 175 orders were placed from Ryan’s Wish List (since June 10, 2011).
- The highest readership day of all-time was November 7, 2011.
- The most read and commented post is Austin Vantrease Request: Denied.
- Google Search, Yahoo, and Bing rank ryansrally.org as the top source when people search for “Austin Vantrease”. (FYI, ryansrally.org is currently 6th for “Gale Vantrease”).
- Google Search, Yahoo, and Bing ranks ryansrally.org in the top ten (#9 and climbing) source when people search for “Jonathan May”.
- Next to the United States, the three highest countries for readership are: 1) Canada, 2) United Kingdom, 3) Ireland.
- ryansrally.org is being followed actively in 49 countries.
- Readers spend roughly 3 minutes per visit on the site.
I no longer mark time, with the exception on the monthly anniversary of the beating. Birthdays are just another day. Weekends are nothing more than weekdays with different names. Nights don’t mean sleep. Summers are void of vacation. Life is now defined by these blog milestones, Wish List updates, and baclofen reductions. Success is measured by the absence of urinary tract infections, the health of Ryan’s eyes, and how many days I can keep Ryan out of the ICU… to name a few.
I use this blog to feed my ego. Really, it’s one of the few things that hasn’t been taken from me. Personal interests and achievements no longer matter. I have a clear purpose. A purpose that doesn’t allow for my wants. By nature, it’s completely unselfish and I had to stop living my life on November 7, 2009. This is not one I ever would have asked for, mind you, but a purpose none-the-less. It was forced upon me and I’m doing the best that I can to accept it (well, at least no dwell on it) and plow through it.[poll id=”55″]
- 700,000 Views (ryansrally.org)