Well, it’s to the point where the are so many things happening that it’s probably best to list these out one-by-one. Really, if I don’t, I’m sure I’ll miss something. This way I’ll only likely miss something…
I have just nine things I can think of right now that might be of some interest to you. Here you go:
- Baclofen Reduction. This past Monday afternoon Ryan’s baclofen infusion rate was decreased by ten percent, from 350 mcg to 315 mcg. He tolerated the adjustment well… so far. I’m not sure if it’s a result of the reduction, the urinary tract infection, or something else but he is a bit more active.
- IBRF Report. Okay, this is just frustrating as all get-up. Still we have heard nothing! We know the report is complete. The word was the doctor team was going to review it last week. We keep pushing to get this but seem to not be getting anywhere.
- Urinary Tract Infection. Ryan completed his second day of antibiotics. Based on clinical observation, it doesn’t appear to be worsening (e.g., cloudy urine, foul odor, obvious discomfort). I will do a urine test either tonight or tomorrow night just to see what’s happening. although, antibiotics can (and do) mask the infection.
- Battle for a Better Cause. A massive fundraiser is ramping up. It will occur on the night of the big high school football game between cross-town Ashburn rivals Broad Run and Briar Woods High Schools. Both teams are top-notch programs, winning state titles. This game began becoming huge about four years ago, when both programs were developing into state contenders. Please see the Events page for more information.
- Basement. I wish I could tell you we’ve made more progress than we have. It’s turning into a slow process, although Ryan’s bedroom is mostly completed. We just need to put up some more wall hanging, but we received a gift from a WVU fan of an enormous “Fat Head” decal. It’s an amazing WVU helmet style. We love it!
- Van. Renie, the owner, plans on driving it to us over the Labor Day weekend. I simply cannot wait to see the Ashburn women swoon as we cruise on by.
- Twitter. The website is now being followed on Twitter by 165 people and organizations. I just noticed I no longer have a link to follow RyansRally, so I’ll get to work on fixing this.
- Website Traffic. This continues to both amaze and inspire me. To date, there are over 645,000 views! You can always follow this in the bottom-right hand of the web page . Thank you for continuing to check in on Ryan.
- Breaking News. Keep checking in over the next four or five days for an announcement (not related to Ryan’s health). A press release will be issued to accompany this.
- Baclofen Reduced. UTI Found. (ryansrally.org)