I’ve been told the basement renovation is scheduled to begin sometime this week. The only potential hold-up is a delivery from Home Depot. The owner of Michael & Son, Basim, has personally shepherded this through with Bryan Tiplady running the point for us.
Once work begins, it should be wrapped-up within two weeks. The high-level schedule is:
- Day 1 – Framing. This will be almost entirely in what will be Ryan’s bedroom and the renovated bathroom.
- Day 2 – Plumbing & Electrical Rough in.
- Day 3 – Bathroom concrete pour, rough in and concealment inspection.
- Day 4 – Drywall.
- Day 5 – Tile and drywall finish.
- Day 6 – Complete tile and trim.
- Day 7 – Painting. We’re going to put a fresh coat throughout, including the ceiling.
- Day 8 – Electrical and Plumbing final inspection.
One area that we will need to tackle ourselves is a kitchen-type prep area. I’m hoping someone out there might have some surplus supplies from a recent renovation. Off-hand, here are some items we need, otherwise we’ll be doing a lot of running upstairs to the kitchen:
- Kitchen Sink
- Kitchen faucet
- Counter Top
- Garbage Disposal
- Under-counter cabinets
- PVC Pipe (Drainage)
- Copper Pipe (Supply Lines)
- Water Shutoff Valves
We are fortunate to have a dishwasher and refrigerator already donated!
The last phase will be building a patio and emergency access to basement. Bryan said he is already working on this.
- Bryan Tiplady to Coordinate Basement Project (rallyforryan.wordpress.com)
- Major Home Improvements Coming (ryansrally.org)